Mobile phone and laptop batteries developed a reputation for exploding many years ago but the footage of it happening in the wild was rare. YouTuber Fabio Gomes has come to the rescue by stabbing a battery with a sharp knife and providing the evidence that treating a modern battery poorly can lead to very bad things.
As can be seen in the video when a battery releases its full charge in a few seconds things get very energetic very quickly. These portable power supplies are after-all high energy devices attempting to safely store large amounts of energy in an ever increasingly small space.
Presented for your viewing pleasure is the high energy demonstration video of a battery being pushed past its point of failure. Sit back relax and prepare for unexpected results from inappropriate actions.